Terms of entry
- By entering the Awards the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Awards details.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
- Individual named entrants may not enter more than one award. A company may enter as many awards as it chooses but each entry must state a different individual who will be responsible for that category.
- Companies that won the Celebration Cake Business of the Year category in 2017, 2018 or 2019 may not enter that category this year. Additionally, individuals or companies may not enter any category they won in 2019 (the exception to this condition is Supermarket Bakery Business of the Year or if a new innovation is entered into the Innovation category).
- Entries must be submitted online at www.bakeryawards.co.uk. Entries needed to be submitted no later than 11.59 p.m. on Friday 28 August. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The period that entries will be judged on runs from 1st May 2019 to 30th April 2020
- Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online in full.
- Entries must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- Entries will become the property of the Organiser.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entries and any entry which is incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- The finalists in each category of the Awards will be announced online in November. All finalists will be notified individually via email. Unsuccessful entrants will be notified at the same time.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Wednesday 20th January 2021. The winners’ names will be published online and in British Baker.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
- The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
- All finalists must make themselves available for judging and be free to attend the Awards evening on Wednesday 9th September 2020.
- Winners may publicise that they are a category winner in the “British Baker Baking Industry Awards 2020” provided that the category is specified. Each winner will be sent a specific winner’s logo for this purpose.
- Entrants from product related categories are prohibited from publishing photos of their entries online, in print or in any other format, including social media, for public viewing prior to Thursday 21st January 2021.
- By entering the Awards, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.
"It was great to meet so many friendly and supportive people who were ready to offer advise and encouragement."
"It was a very enjoyable evening with great opportunity to meet friends, in a welcoming environment. Fantastic to see the industry supporting each other across all channels and levels."
"The BIA Awards is a wonderful celebration of success in our great British baking industry and it's fantastic to be able to come together at such a wonderful evening to applaud all finalists and winners."