Terms of entry
- By entering the Awards the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Awards details.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
- Individual named entrants may not enter more than one award. A company may enter as many awards as it chooses but each entry must state a different individual who will be responsible for that category.
- Companies that won any category in 2022 may not enter that category this year. (The exception to this is product categories – the winning company may enter the following year but must enter with a different product).
- Entries must be submitted online at www.bakeryawards.co.uk. Entries need to be submitted no later than 11.59 p.m. on Friday 5th May 2023. Responsibility is not accepted for entries delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The period that entries will be judged on runs from Monday 29th May to Friday 28th July 2023.
- Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online in full.
- Entries must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- Entries will become the property of the Organiser.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entries and any entry which is incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- The finalists in each category of the Awards will be announced online in November. All finalists will be notified individually via email. Unsuccessful entrants will be notified at the same time.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Tuesday 7th November 2023. The winners’ names will be published online and in British Baker.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
- The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
- All finalists must make themselves available for judging and be free to attend the Awards evening on Tuesday 7th November 2023.
- Winners may publicise that they are a category winner in the “British Baker Baking Industry Awards 2023” provided that the category is specified. Each winner will be sent a specific winner’s logo for this purpose.
- Entrants from product related categories are prohibited from publishing photos of their entries online, in print or in any other format, including social media, for public viewing prior to Wednesday 8th November.
- If entrants provide any images as part of their entry, they confirm that they hold the necessary rights, consents and licences required to use, amend, edit, adapt and publish the images by the Organiser. Each entrant hereby grants to the Organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, store, distribute and display the images in accordance with these Terms of entry.
- The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.
“We utilise the awards in quite a few different ways, through press releases, media conversations with local and regional TV and more recently we’ve been lucky enough to have those conversations with national TV too”
Speciality Bread of the Year 2022
“One benefit of entering and winning such a recognised award is it gives Earth & Wheat credibility amongst peers in the baking industry, it has also meant Earth & Wheat’s brand exposure within the sector has been strengthened.”
Sustainability Initiative of the Year 2022
“That was an incredibly proud moment not just for me but for the entire business, being able to thank our suppliers that were in the crowd and fellow people in the industry really made it.”
Online Bakery Business of the Year 2022
“This has been a huge morale boost for the entire company, after such a challenging few years. It is brilliant to be able to recognise every single person for their contribution, it brings an enhanced sense of pride to what we do day in and day out to serve our loyal customers”
Craft Bakery Business Award 2021